Airport Board of Directors – As of May 1, 2023
The airport board is made of members from the cities of Auburn and Lewiston as well as a member of the Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments and the Lewiston-Auburn Economic Growth Council.
Jonathan LaBonte, Chair
Transportation Systems Director, Auburn
Lewiston Auburn Economic Growth Council
Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments
Lewiston Finance Director
Auburn At Large
Lewiston At Large
Auburn City Council
Lewiston City Council
Purpose of this Board
- Operate and maintain the Auburn-Lewiston Airport. Conduct strategic planning and implement projects and improvements necessary to maintain and improve the infrastructure of the airport.
- Provide for continued access by the cities of Auburn and Lewiston, as well as the surrounding communities to the national airspace system.
- Encourage the economic growth of the airport by attracting new businesses to the airport and surrounding airpark(s).
- Develop policies that encourage the economic self-sufficiency of the airport.
- Stimulate aeronautical development and expansion at the airport, as appropriate to users’ needs and the needs of Auburn, Lewiston and the surrounding communities.
- Define and set into motion: policies, projects, and programs that will increase airport viability and result in increased airport and community growth.
- Manage the existing Auburn-Lewiston Airport, and its primary property situated on the Hotel and Lewiston Junction Roads, Auburn, which consist of land, buildings, easements, fixtures, equipment and tools.
- Manage all other property both real and personal, which are part of, or used at the existing airport facility, together with all leases, bank accounts, accounts receivable, and all other intangible property.
Next meeting will be Wednesday, November 8th at 5:30 PM.
Meetings are usually held on the second Wednesday of the month at 5:30 pm. Please check website for latest as meeting dates are subject to change.
2023 Agendas & Minutes
Go to the archive of previous years
- January [PDF]
- February 2nd [PDF]
- February 15th [PDF]
- March [PDF]
- May 17th [PDF]
- June 7th [PDF]
- June 14th UPDATED [PDF]
- MaineDOT Project Contract Complete [PDF]
- Land Use Inspection Report [PDF]
- August 16th [PDF]
- August 29th [PDF]
- Grant Agreement [PDF]
- September 13th UPDATED [PDF]
- October 11th [PDF]
- November 8th [PDF]