RUNWAY 4-22 CLOSURE
Monday May 17, 7 AM through Friday, May 21, 3 PM
Runway 17-35 open as usual
We are a Best Communications Practices Fixed Base Operator
Auburn-Lewiston Airport (LEW) is a non-towered airport and open to the public. It is located at Lat/Long: 44.0484728 / -70.2835075. The airport is shown on the Montreal Sectional. The airport has two active runways–Runway 4-22 and Runway 17-35. In calm wind, Runway 4 is the preferred runway.
For safety and improvement to the operational efficiency, the airport has added additional ramp space on the west side and reconstructed Taxiway B to include both sides of Runway 4-22. Future improvement include reconstruction of Runway 17-35, a redesigned landside automobile parking area, and a relocated, larger fuel farm. These improvements will help accommodate the development of hangars, increase ramp parking, and support the continued growth of the airport.
Landing Fee Guidance
- The uniform landing fee rate is $2.00 per 1,000 lbs of maximum gross landing weight as certified by the aircraft manufacturer, with a minimum fee of $15.00.
- Aircraft based at the Auburn-Lewiston Airport will be exempt from paying landing fees upon demonstration that the aircraft was based at the Airport for the 30-day period prior to the imposition of the landing fee.
- Itinerant aircraft under 4,000 gross landing weight will be exempt from landing fees.
Itinerant Aircraft Parking
Itinerant aircraft under 4,000 lbs. will be exempt from overnight charges in the first 7 days; they then will incur a monthly charge.
We have installed the electronic security gates with card readers to control traffic on the flight-line area and make sure the people using the area are properly insured and trained.
Overnight Tie Down Fee
- Less than 4,000lbs – 1st Seven Days Free
- 4,000-12,500lbs – $15.00 per night
- Greater than 12,500lbs – $40.00 per night
- Nightly Hangar rate for ALL aircraft is $65.00.
Monthly Hangar Fee (If Available)
- As low as 3/4 cent per ft2, based on type of aircraft and aircraft footprint
Monthly Parking Fee
- There is no Ramp Fee
- Non-Electric (Single Engine) – $40 per month
- Non-Electric (Multi Engine) – $50 per month
- Electric (Single Engine) – $55 per month
- Electric (Multi Engine) – $65 per month
- Jet/Turbo – $250/$400 per month